Tutorial Tuesday - How To Do Astavakrasana Tutorial
Well it's not tuesday, but here is this week's Tutorial Tuesday anyways!!
Today I'm showing you step-by-step how to do astavakrasana, also known as, eight-angle pose.
It's definitely advanced, but still accessible. As per usual, practice one step at a time until that step is a piece of cake and you are ready for the next. That's the great thing about yoga, it's a practice!
Why I love It
- It's a great "party trick" pose
- Astavakrasana is a great transition pose too! Once you get this pose, there are lots of fun poses you can thread before and after.
- It's challenging, but fun!
- Sculpted arms, anyone?
- Former wrist or shoulder injuries
- Wrist or shoulder pain
- Carpel Tunnel
- As always, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR. I AM NOT A PHYSICIAL
LEVEL AND MODIFICATIONS
- Level = Intermediate-Advanced
- Modifications = If you can't get off of the ground, try placing your hands on blocks for an extra lift!
This is one of those poses that looks way more impossible then it actually is. I love teaching this in class and watching students get further with the pose than they ever could have imagined.
Q: Is this pose in your practice? Have you ever tried it? What's your favorite "party trick" pose?