Tutorial Tuesday - How to Do Chaturanga Tutorial
Hi There and happy Tuesday!! I hope you had a great weekend. We spent ours in Baltimore - it's one of our favorite places to visit. We walked around inner harbor, ate dinner, then caught a water taxi over to Fells Point. Always a good time in Bmore!!
Today's tutorial is how to do chaturanga!! Like I say in the video, chaturanga is one of the most common poses in yoga (we do it A LOT!), but it's also one of the most commonly butchered. Performing chaturanga correctly will protect you from injury and create so much core and upper body strength.
Why I love it
- I completely credit chaturanga for sculpting my arms and taking my upper body strength to the next level
- It's an important transition pose
- When performed correctly, it will strengthen wrists!
- Carpel tunnel
- As always, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR. I AM NOT A PHYSICIAN!
Level and Modifications
- Level = Beginner
- Modifications = lower all the way to the floor (with control) or use your knees while maintaining a long, flat back.