Oh hey, it's Tuesday again!!! That means two things: time for another tutorial AND the Real Housewives of New York Reunion Part II. This season was so entertaining, wasn't it?
So back to the whole tutorial thing. Today's video is about crow pose! I show you crow pose PLUS a trick to make it more accessible AND not one, but TWO fun transitions to take the pose even further. Oh and there's a cameo you don't want to miss!!!!!!
Why I Love it
- Crow Pose is one of the most accessible arm balances/inversions for beginners. I love seeing a new student learn this pose!
- As you'll see in the video, it's a fun "transition" pose
- It's a great way to increase core strength
- Increases core strength
- Increases focus
- Builds foundation for more challenging poses
- Improves balance
- Stretches upper back
- Wrist pain
- carpel tunnel
- As always, CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN. I AM NOT A DOCTOR.
Level and Modifications
- level = beginner
- Modifications = Try lifting just one foot off the mat at a time, holding there while engaging the core, then switching sides. You could also try starting from a block!
So here it is, how to do crow pose. If there are other videos you'd like to see, leave a comment/shoot me an email. Enjoy!