By now, you've probably heard the exciting news.....I am hosting a Yoga & Fitness Retreat in November and YOU are invited! My worlds are colliding and I couldn't be more thrilled. Yoga/Fitness + All-Inclusive vacation in Mexico = Happy Brittany!!
I've received a number of inquiries about the trip, so I thought I'd write a post with answers to the most frequently asked questions. If there's something you want to know that I don't cover here, shoot me an email at info<at>studiobpoweryoga<dot>com.
- What: A Yoga and Fitness Retreat featuring daily yoga, meditation and boot-camp style workouts at an all-inclusive resort!
- Where: Riviera Maya, Mexico
- When: November 9 - November 14
What Does the Yoga & Fitness Retreat include?
- Accommodations based on single, double or triple occupancy rates
- Transfers to and from Cancun International Airport
- All meals and drinks
- Daily yoga, meditation and bootcamp-style group exercise classes (exclusive to Yoga & Fitness Retreat participants)
- Fitness classes offered at the resort (schedule varies) and access to the resort's fitness facility
- 5k Walk/Run Charity Event
- A group excursion
- NOTE: Airfare is not included
Additional activities/inclusions to be announced closer to departure date
What will a typical day look like?
Everyday will be slightly different, but will go something like this: sunrise meditation, walk/run on the beach, yoga led by me on a private deck overlooking the ocean (pictured below), afternoon bootcamp-style workouts led by Brandi Rafield, free time to lounge by the pool, explore, etc.
Visit the Yoga & Fitness Retreat page for a sample itinerary and information about the team!
Can you tell me more about the Resort?
The Yoga & Fitness Retreat will take place at El Dorado Royale - A Spa Resort by Karisma. Below are some quick facts about the resort. Click Here for more information or visit El Dorado Royale's Trip Advisor page for reviews and photos directly from past visitors.
- El Dorado Royale is an all-inclusive, adults-only beachfront resort located on a secluded beach in the center of the Riviera Maya.
- Conveniently located, EDR is just 25 minutes south of Cancun International Airport, 15 minutes north of Playa del Carmen, 5 minutes south from Puerto Morelos and 35 minutes south from downtown Cancun.
- EDR features 478 rooms in 8 different categories. All rooms include an indoor jacuzzi, air conditioning, bath robes, safety deposit box, private bath, hair dryer, alarm clock, cable tv, daily stocked mini bar, ironing board, coffee maker and more.
- The resort offers seven à la carte restaurants, premium beverages at its eight bars, private Jacuzzis in the suites, a spa with luxurious services for couples, personalized service, and six swimming pools T
What will the weather be like?
November marks the beginning of the dry season in the Riviera Maya. The average temperature is 77°F. At this time of the year, highs of up to 84°F are common during the hottest part of the day, cooling down to 72°F after sunset.
What should I bring?
Below is a list of recommended items to pack for your stay with us. A more detailed list will be distributed closer to the departure date. Our number one suggestion is to pack light, you won't need much!
- Multiple sets of workout clothes
- Swimsuit and clothes to wear to and from the pool/ocean
- Flip flops/sandals
- Sneakers for walking/running
- Hat/Visor for protection from the sun
- Sunblock & Bug Spray/Mosquito Repellant
- Yoga Mat
- Journal & Pen
- Small bag to carry to and from the hotel/beach
- Cash for shopping or purchasing additional services. Also, while gratuities are included, guests may choose to leave extras for maids, bartenders waitstaff, etc. who have exceeded your expectations.
What type of food/drinks will be served?
All Gourmet Meals, Gourmet Bites and a selection of international and domestic brands of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are included in your all-inclusive experience. Click here to read more about the restaurants and bars on property and the types of foods/drinks offered.
What is the cost?
When I started planning this retreat, it was extremely important for me to offer an affordable experience without compromising quality. I am confident that we've achieved that. In addition to affordable prices, we are offering low deposits and flexible payment plans. Click here for a full list of single, double and triple occupancy rates.
What airport do I fly into and how do I get to and from the Airport?
You will fly into CUN (Cancun International Airport). Our resort, El Dorado Royale, is located just 25 minutes south of this airport. Our Travel Agent, Dana Lewis (Ultra Tech Travel) will arrange for transportation to and from the airport at no extra charge. You will receive more specific information as we get closer to the departure date.
Will I feel out of place coming on my own?
Absolutely NOT! Participants from all over the country are signed up to attend. Some have personal connections to one another while others do not. There will be plenty of group activities to meet and engage with other attendees plus free time to spend on your own or with people you meet from the group.
Is it mandatory to participate in all Yoga & Fitness Retreat events?
No. This is YOUR vacation. It is completely up to you to decide what and how many group activities you participate in. There is plenty of free time built into the itinerary and we encourage participants to explore and experience everything the resort/area has to offer.
I have a friend who wants to come, but doesn't want to workout. Can he/she still come?
Bring them along! Your friend will enjoy a beautiful and relaxing vacation with plenty of free time to spend together. You never know, your friend might catch the fitness bug and decide to participate in some of our group activities after all.
What if I'm not in the best fitness shape?
The Yoga & Fitness retreat is designed for all fitness levels. Brandi and I are experienced working with varied levels of fitness and can modify to accommodate individual fitness needs. The Yoga & Fitness Retreat will kickstart your fitness journey and send you home feeling motivated to continue!
What other costs might come up?
All meals, drinks and scheduled activities are included in the upfront price and there will be no surprise charges or hidden fees. That being said, the resort does offer “extras” for purchase if you so choose. Those extras might include additional excursions, spa services or traveling/shopping outside of the resort property. Extras are purchased solely at the participants discretion. We recommend bringing cash to avoid international travel fees.
The resort offers free wi-fi, but check with your cell phone provider about what international fees you may incur while traveling abroad and how to avoid such fees.
how do i reserve a spot?
Click here for more information and to reserve your spot today. Our group travel agent, Dana will reach out to you ASAP with more information about the next steps.
I need more information
Shoot me an email and lets chat!